Washable, Reusable, Biodegradable
What are they?
- An alternative to the classic, plastic kitchen sponge
- Washable and reusable so the need to buy traditional sponges is reduced
- Made with 100% biodegradable material
What are they made from?
- A waffle cotton and hessian outer lining, kapok filling, double stitched with 100% cotton thread
- Kapok is a soft fibre that grows around the seeds of the ceiba tree. It is 100% natural, biodegradable and has antibacterial properties.
What colours do they come in?
- We currently stock the waffle cotton in oatmeal, dark navy and mustard.
What size are they?
The sponges measure approx 12 x 8 cm. Please note this varies slightly due to them being hand cut and stitched!
How do they differ from a traditional kitchen sponge?
- They don't 'foam up' as much as a traditional sponge, but they hold washing up liquid well
- The kapok can take longer to dry than a traditional sponge
- Due to the antibacterial properties of the kapok, these sponges don't appear to get smelly when wet
- When washed the kapok can feel a little lumpy. This doesn't affect its use but may change its appearance slightly
Wash regularly. When the sponge reaches the end of its life, you can cut it up and compost it or recycle it appropriately.